Level 1 Raptor Weight Vest Course

S2—Bear-Crawl-Forward-2
S4---Box-Jump-Down---Box-Jump-Up-3S4a--Step-Up---Box-Jump-Down-1S5---Leopard-Drag-Sequenceraptor-whiteS5---Leopard-Drag-SequenceS2---Bear-Crawl-Forward-2Raptor Towing

Level 1
Raptor Weight
Vest Course

£125.00

The Level 1 Raptor Weight Vest Course is a 1 day practical with supporting theory sessions. It is aimed at teaching students the use and application of body weight exercises, plyometric, ballistic movement patterns, incorporation of basic body weight Suspension training movement patterns and exercises, Resistance band and Sled based training using the Raptor weight vest whilst ensuring health and safety protocols are strictly adhered to.

Clear
SKU: Training/1 Category:
Read more >>   

Product Description

The Level 1 Raptor Weight Vest Course is a 1 day practical with supporting theory sessions. It is aimed at teaching students the use and application of body weight exercises, plyometric, ballistic movement patterns, incorporation of basic body weight Suspension training movement patterns and exercises, Resistance band and Sled based training using the Raptor weight vest whilst ensuring health and safety protocols are strictly adhered to.

What’s included
Course Manual, Training course (8 hours)

Course aims and objectives

  • Use the Raptor Weight Vest for a total body weight work out
  • Use the Raptor Weight Vest for different types of work outs
  • Set up safely and instruct others in the use effectively
  • Set up in various environments
  • Explain the science and back ground behind the different uses of the Raptor Weight Vest

Course assessment criteria
The student must complete the written pre course exam and submit it for marking 8 days prior to the course start date. If the student fails to submit the exam within time, they will not be able to take part in that course. The student will incur an admin fee of 20%, with the remaining 80% refunded.

* If the student re books the course within 7 days, the course will be charged at 80% – Non refundable.

Cancellation policy
Cancellation Policy: Cancellations up to 14 days prior to the course/ workshop will receive a full refund, less admin charge. Cancellations giving less than 14 days but more than 7 days’ notice will receive a 50% refund. Unfortunately cancellations giving less than 7 days’ notice cannot be refunded either in part or full. However, a credit of 50% can be carried forward to the same course on the next available date. An administration fee of £5.00 will be incurred for each of the above.

Joining Instructions
When you purchase a place on this course, you will receive an email including links to download the following documents. You should read and complete them, where appropriate, before joinging the course.

Options

Course Name

Level 1 – Raptor Weight Vest Course

Resources

Raptor provides all attendees with comprehensive course manual/s and a course certificate.

REPS Points

8-10 points pending

Timings

08:30am – 17:30pm (see course outline)

Entry Requirements

Level 3 Gym Instructor or ETM Qualification

NOS

Skills Active for REPs

Maximum number of students

16 (per course)

Course Duration

8hrs + 4hrs pre reading and post course training programme

Course notes

Raptor provides all attendees with comprehensive course manual/s and a course certificate

Included in the Price

Manual, Training

REPs Code

Pending

Student Information

For information on Health & Safety, Appeals procedure please download our Policies on the ‘Course Documens’ tab, to the left.

Course Aims and Objectives

• Use the Raptor Weight Vest for a total body weight work out
• Use the Raptor Weight Vest for different types of work outs
• Set up safely and instruct others in the use effectively
• Set up in various environments
• Explain the science and back ground behind the different uses of the Raptor Weight Vest

Course Date

01 June 2015, 01 July 2015, 01 August 2015

Course Outline/Agenda

Course Outline

  • 0830 - 0840 Introductions
  • 0840 - 0850 Timetable
  • 0850 - 0900 Learning Outcomes
  • 0900 - 0915 Assessment & assessment process
  • 0915 - 0930 Teaching Techniques
  • 0930 - 0945 Group Management & Instruction
  • 0945 - 1000 Basic anatomy and fitting of the Raptor vest. Care & Maintenance, Do's & don'ts, Health & Safety
  • 1000 - 1010 Break
  • 1010 - 1100 Introduction to FTC and Raptor Education.
  • 1120 - 1230 Theory/practical - Background and theory of Body weight and floor exercises.
  • 1230 - 1300 Lunch
  • 1300 - 1400 Theory/practical - Background and theory of Plyometric exercises.
  • 1400 - 1500 Theory/practical - Background and theory of Suspension trainer exercises
  • 1500 - 1510 Break
  • 1510 - 1610 Theory/practical - Background and theory of Resistance band training.
  • 1610 - 1620 Break
  • 1620 - 1720 Theory/practical - Background and theory of Sled Drills
  • 1720 - 1730 Course closure and review.
  • Course End

Venue Information

With our qualified team, we are happy to bring the Raptor Training Course to you!

We can work in a wide range of sports environments, from team training grounds and military compounds to local leisure centres. Please contact us to discuss your requirements and we will find a suitable training base for you and your team.

RAPTOR Size Guide

Raptor TAC 15 Performance Vest:

  • One size fits all: for chest sizes from 28" (70cm) to 48" (120cm)

Raptor TAC 20 Performance Vest:

  • One size fits all: for chest sizes from 28" (70cm) to 48" (120cm)

Raptor TAC 30 Performance Vest:

  • One size fits all: for chest sizes from 28" (70cm) to 48" (120cm)

Course Documents & Policies

You can download and read the course materials as well as our relevant operating procedures and policies. Please click on a link below to download or view each document.

Documents:

Instructor Registration

Before joining the Raptor Training Course, please read and complete the Instructor Registration form, which you can download here.

The completed form should be sent to :
John Grindrod
Functional Training Company
6 Aspen Close,
Claydon,
Ipswich,
Suffolk IP6 0RE

You can also email completed Instructor Registration Forms to info@raptorweightvests.com.

Raptor Training Course Assessment & Assessment Policies

The student must complete the written pre course exam and submit it for marking 8 days prior to the course start date. If the student fails to submit the exam within time, they will not be able to take part in that course. The student will incur an admin fee of 20%, with the remaining 80% refunded.

* If the student re books the course within 7 days, the course will be charged at 80% - Non refundable.

If the student fails the pre course written exam they will be given direction by the Tutor for areas of study in preparation for re-submission of the exam.

This direction will be given no less than 4 days prior to the course start date. The student must then re submit the pre course exam no later than 48 hours prior to the start date of the course.

If the student fails the pre course exam for a second time, they will not be able to take part in the course. The student will not be able to re-apply to undertake the course for a further 6 months. The student will incur an admin fee of 20%, with the remaining 80% refunded.

If the student fails to submit the Pre Course Exam in the stipulated time, under no circumstances will they be able to undertake the course.

The practical assessment is designed to assess the trainer’s skill in using the Raptor Weight Vest, ensuring they are safe and affective.

This is an ongoing assessment throughout the training day. All trainers are required to continue studying movement titles, levels, coaching and cueing as these skills are only achieved through time and repetition.

If the student fails the practical element of the course, they can attend the next available course for free. The student will only need to attend the afternoon period of the course. If the student fails a second time they may attend and retake another course at 50% discount no earlier than 6 months, but no later than 12 months.

Downloads available: